MINNESOTA BUSINESS BOOT CAMP AUGUST 2014
Over the weekend my team leaders and I put on a Minnesota It Works Boot Camp. There were 300 distributors in the energy packed room. Myself and Darlene were part of the first 4 people in Minnesota to represent It Works so she and I put on a little history show. I had never put all of the events that we have seen happen into a narrative so it informed me in a new way and showed me how far we have come in the six and a half years that we have been in the business. Our first Boot Camp in Minnesota was done by Pam Sowder and there were about 30 people in attendance.
HISTORY SINCE I JOINED
I joined It Works on May 1, 2008. My dear friend called me from a party that she was attending and said ” Are you sitting down? I am at a party and they are putting on an herbal patch and people are losing inches in 45 minutes”. We could talk about inch loss in those days. I had such a strong intuitive hit about this product and company that I responded ” sign me up!” She had to go sign herself up so that she could sign me up. This It Works Body Wrap sounds like a vanity product but it does so much more on the level of healing and energy and that is why I wanted to be part of it. If it was just about vanity I would not be interested and would not have signed up to stand behind it.
We had been in the company about a month and my friend and I decided that we wanted to find out about the corporate team and their vision. Neither of us wanted to go all in until we knew they were in alignment with our vision of health and integrity. Eight of us jumped in an RV and drove to the head quarters which was in Grand Rapids, MI. At the time the company was very small and only 7 years old. It was owned by Mark Pentecost and Pam Sowder. Mark was the CEO and Pam was building It Works one person at a time.
We were greeted by Mark, Pam and Dave and Debbie Sasek and treated like we were the royalty arriving from Minnesota. Like I said It Works was just a small company and we were a big deal! We spent several days there having lunches and dinners with corporate staff, having a tour of the tiny corporate head quarters, having a private all day training and being part of the first webinar It Works ever did.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE EARLY DAYS
- The shipping department was a wall in one of the rooms with a long table and a few boxes of product and two people working it.
- Customer Service was one person. Her name was Sharon and she knew each of us by name
- We could call Doug, our CFO, directly when ever we had an issue about comp plan or commissions and he would fix it right away. He knew all of us by name too.
- We had what I thought was a cheesy website, that I didn’t want to send anyone to. At one point our CEO walked out of the side of the website and started talking. Later when he lost some weight using the products he walked out of his heavier self, thinner and did a presentation. That was upgraded technology.
- We didn’t have a personal back office just a list of people we had signed up in kind of a tree structure.
- We had very few marketing materials and no branding.
- There was no easy way to duplicate the business
- We were just learning as we went a long.
The purpose of this was so that It Works could pay off all of the debt that had accumulated while they were building. It paid off because in 2009 we became debt free and are to this day. That is very important in business. Businesses come and go because they fail to build on a healthy financial structure. Businesses that are debt free will be around for a long time.
I have been to 7 Annual Conferences with It Works so I haven’t missed any. The first one I attended was in a small hotel conference room and there were around 190 people in attendance. By the second year it had grown to around 450 and I was one of the presenters on a panel.
I remember being scared to death to speak! This weekend that wasn’t an issue because I have personally grown through the experience. Network Marketing is the best vehicle for personal development on the planet, I can attest to that!
Here are some images from my early days with the company
This was before the webinar just hanging around the pool getting to know each other. In the photo we are holding Dr. Don Verhulst, our Chief Medical Officer. Pam Sowder is in the middle front with Dr. Don in her arms, Pam and Cindy Pentecost are in the back row, middle, Kami Dempsey, currently our top income earner is in black and white in the front and Dave and Debbie Sasek our Ambassador upline on he right side at the end. I am holding up Dr. Don’s legs from the back row. As you can see this is a company that loves to have fun!
Another photo from our trip to Grand Rapids after we arrived and had dinner with Mark Pentecost and Pam Sowder.
Most people in Network Marketing don’t get an opportunity to see the early beginnings of a company and build relationships with the corporate team so I feel very fortunate.
IN SIX SHORT YEARS THIS IS WHERE WE ARE TODAY
- Head quarters has had to move twice because of the growth. In 2011 It Works Global moved to Bradenton, Florida and almost 100% of the team moved with them, which is unheard of! In 2014 we moved into our new, state of the art, waterfront headquarters because in 3 years they out grew the building they had been in. There are slides from each floor a roof top mini golf course and bistro’s on every level.
- We have an easy to duplicate Steps to Success that anyone can follow and build a successful business
- We have beautiful branding that is very recognizable, comprehensive marketing tools, branded wearing apparel and a beautiful website, .
- We are in line this year to be a billion dollar brand
- We have been featured in the Oscars and Emmy’s swag bags, Direct Selling News, Inc. 500, Success From Home Magazine, because of the rapid growth and expansion we are experiencing
- We have a first-to-market product that can’t be copied, with both health benefits and instant gratification that is selling like hot cakes
- Our compensation plan is unique and has a great pay out.
- We are opened in the US and 17 other countries around the world.
BRIGHT FUTURE AND STILL AN AWESOME OPPORTUNITY FOR ANYONE!!!
All of this and we are just entering momentum, only 2 in 10 people have ever heard of us, and only 70,000 distributors around the world. We are considered a ground level company and there is still room for anyone to build a successful legacy for themselves and their families!
I am only touching on some of the highlights to show how far we have come. There is so much more that contributed to the explosive growth of It Works! This is just to impress upon the reader how far we have come in a few short years.
THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFE TIME OPPORTUNITY. PEOPLE WILL BE SAYING “I WISH I WOULD HAVE JOINED WHEN I WAS ASKED”. DON’T LET THIS PASS YOU BY AND REGRET IT.
I WOULD LOVE TO TALK WITH ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN JOINING ME AND CHANGING YOUR HEALTH AND FINANCIAL FUTURE. KATELYN 651-955-3673